Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1.The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has deployed 15 additional police units, special forces, technical and intelligence teams to contain further attacks in Benue.
Fatai Owoseni, the Commissioner of Police in the state, disclosed this on Monday in Makurdi while addressing newsmen. The CP further confirmed that the command had rescued a Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) who got missing during the February attack in Yogbo community in Guma Local Government Area.
2. Similarly, The Police Command in Nasarawa State says it has deployed over 4,000 officers and men to ensure a hitch-free visit of President Muhammadu Buhari to the state on Tuesday. Commissioner of Police, Bello Ahmed, told newsmen on Monday in Lafia that the command had put up a robust security arrangement with sister agencies.
3. A pregnant woman has reported died at the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital (UCTH) over suspected case of Lassa fever. She died on Monday at the Hospital. Report says the State Government made frantic effort to save her.
4. Ralph Uwazuruike, founder of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, has described the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu and Igbo people as backbiters and blackmailers. Uwazuruike made the remark while reiterating his claim that Kanu took over Radio Biafra from him in London.
5. The lawmaker representing Kogi West in the National Assembly Senator Dino Melaye has threatened to drag Governor Yahaya Bello to court if he goes ahead to sell some of the state’s assets. Melaye in a statement on Monday said it was unthinkable that the current state government under Governor Yahaya Bello would contemplate trading off what was left of Kogi’s glory for momentary financial gains.
6. The Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji, Aje Ogunguniso 1 on Monday installed a 20-year-old man, Mr. Solomon Oluwatenilola Adegbola; Alhaji Taiwo Kamorudeen Ige Akande and Chairman, Police Community Relation Committee (PCRC), Ogun State, Alhaji Ibrahim Olaniyan as Mogaji Arogundade, Ita Ege, Agbongbon; Mogaji Afolabi Olasupo, Olorisa Oko and Mogaji Fosunpaja and Idi-Arere area, respectively. Six other people were also installed as Mogajis at the event which took place at the Popoyemoja Palace of the Olubadan.
7. Maryam Sanda, the woman who allegedly killed her husband, Bilyamin Bello, on Monday told the Federal High Court in Abuja that she was three months pregnant. Maryam, who is the daughter of Maimuna Aliyu, a former Aso Savings Bank executive, was arraigned by the police for alleged killing of son of a former PDP Chairman, Mohammed. Maryam prayed the court to reconsider an earlier application she filed to be released on bail pending the determination of the murder charge against her.
8. Abducted Delsu lecturer, Dr. Boniface Anyanwu has escaped from his captors
The Lecturer with the Department of Theatre Arts was abandoned in a bush with the son of his colleague. A farmer who saw them in a thick forest rushed home to alert other locals and vigilantes in neighboring Amai community who went for his rescue.
9. A former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Olisa Metuh, on Monday, appeared in Abuja court on a stretcher. The politician was brought into the court following threat by Justice Okon Abang to revoke his bail if he fails to appear in court.
10. A female student of the Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro, identified simply as Happiness, has been found dead with her private parts and other organs removed by men suspected to be Internet fraudsters. Report says the student went missing after she left to celebrate her birthday with some male friends at a popular bar in Ozoro, the administrative headquarters of the Isoko North Local Government Area.
Welcome to Street Journal Forum, Our motto is "We Disagree To Agree", you can have an open discussion here on anything, you can respond to Topics freely. Upload pictures you want to share and please invite your friends!
We Disagree To Agree.....Let discuss everything!
First unread post • Total posts 35072 • Page 1 of 1